LISA-
Just wanted to share the news that my first flight was on Wednesday...here are some pictures of my way-cool experience. My aircraft was a Chinook (CH-47D) helicopter, which is what most of the testing I have been doing is on. The CH-47 is a cargo helicopter (hence the large size and tandem rotors). One of the pictures is of the outside and another looking out the back of the cargo area. Boeing makes the CH-47 and if you want to learn more about it, here is a link: http://www.boeing.com/rotorcraft/military/ch47d/index.htm
Just wanted to share the news that my first flight was on Wednesday...here are some pictures of my way-cool experience. My aircraft was a Chinook (CH-47D) helicopter, which is what most of the testing I have been doing is on. The CH-47 is a cargo helicopter (hence the large size and tandem rotors). One of the pictures is of the outside and another looking out the back of the cargo area. Boeing makes the CH-47 and if you want to learn more about it, here is a link: http://www.boeing.com/rotorcraft/military/ch47d/index.htm
I sat in the jump seat between the pilot and the co-pilot for part of the flight (it was kind of hot because it is right under the forward transmission) and by the 'hole' in the back of the helicopter for the other part. The 'hole' is where the hook comes down to pick up any cargo that is going to be hauled and I got to watch the whole process while we flew. I don't have my flight suit name tag yet, but hopefully will next time...
Love you all...
Lisa


No comments:
Post a Comment