Monday, February 23, 2009

Newest Member of the Russell Fleet

This is a sweet ride...


During the growing up years and into adulthood there are key moments in your life when you feel like you've made it. One of those moments is when you buy a car. We have been experiencing the learning process with Troy. Last year he bought a used car, which got him around Provo for a few months, got him to Boston, MA. but started showing it's age (like we all do) sputtering, and gagging at weather change, gas prices... politics? Well the time has come to move on...with Medical school just around the corner, reliability was a huge issue and the fact Troy now has to drive from Boston to San Antonio, TX. would be a challenge. Doing the handcart treck would take too long, bus wouldn't work...too much stuff to haul...so a new vehicle was the answer...ROAD TRIP HERE WE COME! After much research...(funny thing is that Troy does research for work...I guess it will be a huge part of his life always), both mom in Oregon via internet and Troy in Boston...he did the foot work wondering...should I do this...can I do this... do I have to do this...WHAT AM I DOING? Another growup moment. He took the car for a test drive...drove like a dream. Not to bore you with the details, except for the fact that dealing with east coast car dealers is definately an experience...and working the lending...ugh...(enough said). Troy is picking up his new used car today a black 2000 Toyota Avalon. This car will serve him well, hopefully get him through Med school and relieve worries about mobility. Yahoo...another "KEY" moment conquered...now if he can just get the car off the lot, he'll be good.

No comments: